POCUS in Critical Care
The expanding use and availability of Point-of -Care ultrasound has physicians embracing it’s use when evaluating critically ill patients. Having ultrasound readily available to view anatomical and hemodynamic information, directly impacts the way physicians are able to manage patients in the critical care environment, while also improving patient comfort and safety. POCUS provides diagnostic and procedural capabilities plus the opportunity for frequent monitoring of patient conditions. The availability of smaller, less expensive equipment means that ultrasound has never been more accessible to the critical care physician. The additional value that AI adds to the mix, expanding the potential of ultrasound to provide support for more complex exams and reports, immediately at the point of care, reducing the need for in-house referrals and wait time.
Common uses of ultrasound in Critical Care
- Central Line placement
- Arterial catheterization
- Nerve block
- Abscess drainage
- Cardiac assessment
- Assessment of venous congestion (VEXUS & FUSIC)
- Detection and monitoring of abnormal fluid collections
- Bladder volume
- Organ assessment
- Pulmonary embolism
- Lung and pleura
Kosmos Advantages in Critical Care
- Image Quality – With proprietary PZT transducer technology, the Kosmos images are sharp even at depth.
- Cardiac Lung and Abdominal Imaging with One Probe – Complete standard evaluation of the heart abdomen and pelvis, all with one transducer.
- PW Doppler – For hemodynamic assessments, including the VExUS exam for venous congestion.
- CW Doppler The only ultraportable device with CW Doppler to assess and monitor valve disease.
- Procedural Safety – Compound imaging on the Lexsa provides improved visualization of the anatomy and needle path.
- Kosmos TRIO and EF – Kosmos Guiding, Grading, and Labeling for the heart, allowing less experienced users to achieve optimal imaging planes for automated cardiac function reports.
- US2.AI – Kosmos with Us2AI software increases the speed and accuracy of your cardiac exam and eliminates operator variance. It automatically delivers reports for cardiac function and valve disease, as the data is acquired. No waiting for answers or spending valuable time manually measuring.
- Speed and efficiency – Why wait? Kosmos image quality, features and automated calculation packages, provide immediate answers to support clinical decisions at the point-of-care.
- Cost-Effective Solution – Save time, money, and resources by assessing patients at the point of care, reducing the need for in- house referrals.
- Availability – Use Kosmos as an ultraportable device, or wheel to the bedside on our space efficient AI stand. Kosmos is ready and available.
- Easy to Clean – We designed Kosmos for clinical scenarios where repeated cleaning is required. With this in mind feel free to clean the Kosmos Bridge and probes as frequently as you wish.
- 5 Year Warranty – the critical care environment can be hard on any product. We have you covered.
- Battery Life – Ninety minutes of continuous scanning time allows for reliability during critical times.
The following configuration provides comprehensive imaging and feature sets for Critical Care. In some clinical settings only one probe may be needed. Please contact EchoNous and we would be delighted to discuss your individual requirements.
Kosmos Lexsa Linear Array
- 4-11 MHz probe with compound imaging for high definition
- Color Doppler
- Pulsed wave Doppler coming soon
- Central line placements
- Peripheral IV
- Lung imaging
- Jugular Vein
Torso-One Phased Array Probe
- 2-5 MHz probe with Top Tier image quality, color, pulsed and continuous wave Doppler, TDI.
- Cardiac imaging
- Assessments of cardiac function and valve disease with AI
- Assessment of venous congestion
- Abdominal imaging
Kosmos Bridge or Android tablet for display
AI Station and/or Kosmos Essentials bag