Ultrasound is used in Nephrology for both diagnostic and procedural applications and can be especially helpful in emergency situations. With the introduction of POCUS equipment is smaller, less complex and more affordable, so ultrasound has become more accessible for everyday use. While POCUS doesn’t replace detailed exams by cardiologists and radiologist, it does offer daily opportunities to enhance the physical exam, facilitate a more timely diagnosis and expedite management by answering specific clinical questions and potentially reduce further diagnostic referrals.
Common uses of Ultrasound in Nephrology
- Guiding percutaneous procedures
- Hemodialysis Catheter insertion
- Renal Biopsy
- Evaluate renal structure
- Renal vasculature and perfusion
- Renal artery stenosis
- Measurements of blood velocities and resistance
- Assessment of Chronic kidney disease
- Visualize IVC
- Venous Congestion (VEXUS)
- Cardiac assessment
- Cardiorenal syndrome
- Top Tier Image Quality for Informed Decisions – Quickly – Kosmos no compromise image quality with easy anatomical presets, gives rapid access to examine the heart, abdomen or vascular structures.
- Why Wait? – You can look, measure and decide on the spot. No need for in-house referrals for many of your diagnostic and monitoring requirements.
- PW Doppler – Assess blood flow dynamics including VExUS at the bedside. Use of the phased array technology also gives easier access between the ribs.
- CW Doppler with Automated Reports –Kosmos capabilities go from a quick look at anatomy, to a full assessment and measurements of valve pathology and cardiac function, with automated reports.
- One Transducer for Multi-systemic Assessments – No need to change probes, the Torso-One is optimized to give you high level imaging, Color, PW and CW Doppler for cardiac and abdominal assessments.
- Advanced Cardiac Capabilities – Assess valvular stenosis, pulmonary HTN, and estimation of cardiac filling pressures with imaging features like Continuous wave Doppler and Tissue Doppler Imaging.
- AI – Kosmos AI functionality suits less experienced to advanced users, gathering data and delivering automated cardiac reports as the images and Doppler sweeps are acquired. No waiting for answers, or spending valuable time manually measuring for cardiac function and valve disease.
- Battery Life – Ninety minutes of continuous scanning time allows for reliability during critical times.
- Availability – Use Kosmos as a ultraportable device, or wheel to the bedside on our space efficient AI stand. Kosmos is always ready and available.
- Easy to Clean – We designed Kosmos for clinical scenarios where repeated cleaning is required. With this in mind feel free to clean the Kosmos Bridge and probes as frequently as you wish.
- 5 Year Warranty – The point-of-care environment can be hard on any product. We have you covered.
The following configuration provides comprehensive imaging and feature sets for Nephrology. In some clinical settings only one probe may be needed. Please contact EchoNous and we would be delighted to discuss your individual requirements.
Kosmos Lexsa Linear Array
- 4-11 MHz probe with compound imaging for high definition
- Color Doppler
- Pulsed wave Doppler - coming soon
- Vascular assessment
- Lung imaging
Torso-One Phased Array Probe
- 2-5 MHz probe with Top Tier image quality, color, Pulsed and Continuous Wave Doppler, TDI.
- Cardiac imaging
- Abdominal imaging
- Assessment of venous congestion
Kosmos Bridge or Android tablet for display
AI Station and/or Kosmos Essentials bag